Accident Management Center (AMC) - Customer FAQs

accident management

1. What should I do if I’ve been in an accident with my GSA vehicle?

Accidents can be distressing but knowing what you can do ahead of time will help you manage those difficulties. 

Safety Precautions 

Note. This information is also listed on the Accident Reporting Kit - GSA  Form 1627 located in the glove compartment of your vehicle.

  • Stop the vehicle in a safe location immediately,
  • Turn on your hazards,
  • If the vehicle operational, move the vehicle out of the way of traffic, and
  • If appropriate, call emergency response.

Exchanging Information 

  • Name of the other driver(s) involved, along with their phone number and home addresses, 
  • Insurance information from the other driver(s) to include company name, address, phone number and policy number,
  • Names and contact information of witnesses, if applicable, and
  • DO NOT sign any paper or make any statements as to who was at fault (except to your supervisor or a Federal government investigator). 
    • The police report is an important factor in proving fault. It is the agency's responsibility to provide the police report to the AMC.

To help manage financial risk, agencies should encourage their drivers to take photos to document the crash scene. If you take any photos of the vehicle or the crash, please include them with the Standard Form 91 Motor Vehicle Accident Report. If you decide to take photos, here are some suggestions

  • Damage (vehicles and/or property) 
  • Accident scene (road conditions/skid marks/debris in roadway/vehicle positions) 
  • Location identifiers of the accident scene (intersection/address/exit number) 
  • Drivers and vehicles identification (clear photos of insurance cards, license plates, etc.)

2. When should I call the AMC?

GSA Fleet Customers and drivers should contact the GSA Accident Management Center (AMC) as soon as safely possible but not to exceed five business days after the accident. If your vehicle needs to be towed or has already been towed, please contact the AMC so that they may assist in expediting the repairs to your vehicle and avoid additional charges such as towing or storage.

As the driver, you are the primary person responsible for reporting accidents and vehicle damage to the AMC and to your agency. If the driver is unable to make the report, the responsibility then falls on the supervisor. 

Before contacting the AMC, please make sure that you, as the driver and your passengers, are in a safe location and have the following information ready: 

  • Any injuries or fatalities (Note: Fatalities need to be reported within 24 hours to the AMC),
  • A brief description of the accident, road and weather conditions, 
  • The date, time, and location of the accident,
  • Information on police response, if available and/or applicable, 
  • The tag number and location of the vehicle if towed, and
  • If seat belts were used and airbags deployed.

3. What are the AMC’s hours of operation and contact information?

Hours of operation are 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM Central Standard Time (CST). 

Call (866) 400-0411, and select option 2. 

Note. Limited services are provided after-hours, such as towing.  

4. What forms do I need to fill out?

The GSA Accident Reporting Kit (Form 1627) is located in the glove compartment of your GSA vehicle. The kit contains the basic forms to be completed according to the FMR §102-34.290. You can find these forms below, which you can fill it out online and send to the AMC.

  • Standard Form 91, Motor Vehicle Accident Report. Vehicle operator must complete this form at the time and scene of the accident, if possible; 
    • Please ensure that SF91 is filled out in its entirety as it is essential for the AMC to properly process claims .
    • If you have

      taken any photos of the vehicle or the crash, please include them with the SF91. 

  • Standard Form 94, Statement of Witness. Request witnesses to complete this form at the scene of the accident, if possible. 
    • It is crucial you get witnesses' names and telephone numbers. 
    • Claims by private citizens or their representatives for damage, injury, or death must be submitted to the agency leasing the GSA Fleet vehicle.  GSA Fleet can not process these claims. Please provide the following information to the third party driver so that they will have the necessary documentation to initiate a claim against the government.
  • Standard Form 95, Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death. Private citizens involved in an accident must complete this form in order to initiate a claim against the government. 
    • The drivers agency tort claims or legal office contact information.

Note: Agencies should make every effort to provide a police report when a third party is involved in the accident.

5. I have filled out the forms, where should I send them?

According to FMR §102-34.295 you should submit the forms to GSA if the vehicle is leased from GSA Fleet. You can send the completed forms by either fax or email based on your time zone: 

For Eastern and Central Standard Time excluding Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska: 

For Mountain and Pacific Standard Time, as well as Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska: 

6. Where should I repair my GSA vehicle?

You should contact the AMC by calling (866) 400-0411, and select option 2. One of our specialists will refer you to an approved commercial vendor. 

Note. Limited services are provided after-hours, such as towing.

7. What should I do when picking up my GSA Fleet vehicle from the auto body shop?

Once the repairs have been completed, a representative from the leasing agency must go pick up the vehicle and sign the final invoice to verify repairs are complete and satisfactory. 

The leasing agency is responsible for verifying that repairs have been completed and are satisfactory prior to signing the invoice. Areas to inspect are whether the paint of the repaired area matches the rest of the vehicle and if the body panels are properly aligned. 

If there are any concerns regarding the repairs made to the vehicle, they need to be reported to the AMC prior to signing the invoice so that the concerns can be resolved between the AMC technician and the vendor.

8. How are the costs covered to repair the GSA vehicle?

GSA will pay for all repairs performed on GSA leased vehicles required to return the vehicle to a safe and working condition, according to the FPMR §101–39.406. After the repairs or damages are assessed, GSA will bill the leasing agency for all repair costs and damages unless an identifiable third party is at fault. 

If you do not believe that you were at fault for the accident, and have the proper documentation of fault (i.e. police reports, admission of fault, etc), then the AMC will process the claim with the other driver or their insurance company. 

Note. Please ensure that Section II of the Standard Form 91 is filled out in its entirety. Without the information in that section, the AMC Claims Resolution Section will be unable to process the claim. 

If the AMC cannot determine that the other party was at fault (i.e. lack of proper documentation or police report determining fault), the AMC will bill the leasing agency for the repair cost.

9. Where can I find more resources on accident prevention and driver safety?

You can find resources for accident prevention and driver safety by visiting the GSA Fleet’s National Safety Program page. 

GSA Fleet also offers an online Defensive Driving Course for free of charge to GSA Fleet customers.

If you need additional assistance and are located in the U.S. please email . 

The shortcut for this page is


Category: Accident

Similar articles: