Accident report oregon

accident report oregon

In any event, you are required to do the following:

  • If you witness an accident, leave your name and phone number with at least one of the drivers.

  • If you are involved in a non-injury accident where the vehicles can be moved out of traffic, the most expeditious way to handle the situation is to exchange information with the other driver(s) and contact your insurance company.

  • If the damage to either vehicle is over $500.00, you must file a State Accident Report. You have 3 'working' days after the accident to file the report. The Accident Report Form can be obtained from Department of Motor Vehicles, your insurance agent, or any law enforcement agency.

  • If you are a driver and wish to file a report, call the non-emergency line and wait to speak with a call taker. You will be asked where and when the accident occurred. We will confirm with you that no one is injured and that the vehicles are not a traffic hazard. You will then be given the information in the preceding paragraph.

  • Actual police officer response is seldom needed for a non-injury, non-hazard accident. The department can provide you with information on how to pick up and fill out state accident forms for reporting purposes - if your accident meets the criteria.

    Source: City of Salem Police Department

    Salem OnLine - Serving The Community First Salem Oregon Community Guide - copyright 1995-1999


    Category: Accident

    Similar articles: