Accident reporting form

accident reporting formYou must file an Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report  (Form 735-32) with DMV within 72 hours when:
  • Damage to the vehicle you were driving is over $1,500;
  • Damage to any vehicle is over $1,500 and any vehicle is towed from the scene as a result of damages from this accident;
  • Injury or death resulted from this accident; or
  • Damages to any one person's property other than a vehicle involved in this accident is over $1,500.
Accidents in areas open to the public for the use of motor vehicles must be reported. Some drivers who are in accidents offer to fix the damage and try to get the other driver not to file a report. If you agree to do this, you are breaking the law if the amount of damage is more than $1,500. Always

remember to keep a copy of your report for your own records.

You must file a report even if your vehicle was the only one in the crash. If you do not report an accident when required to do so, your driving privileges will be suspended.

If you were in a collision and the other party did not have insurance, you can report the collision to DMV. However, the accident may also go on your driving record, if you do not clearly indicate on the accident report that the accident does not meet mandatory reporting criteria.

Note: You must fill out an Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report (Form 735-32) and return it to DMV if you meet the criteria above even if a police officer files a report. A police report does not satisfy or remove your requirement to file an accident report with DMV. You must do that yourself.


Category: Accident

Similar articles: