Why Zurich Car Insurance. More and more people are moving their car insurance to Zurich to avail of our award winning customer service and these exceptional product benefits:
Our Comprehensive car insurance policy holders get free motor breakdown assistance in the Republic of Ireland and in Northern Ireland. In the ROI you can contact us on our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline 1890 208 408. If you are calling from Northern Ireland you can contact us on 0808 1017444. Breakdown Assistance is also available to our Third Party Fire and Theft private motor policy holders - you pay the cost of such assistance but gain the benefit of our specially negotiated rates.
If your car is immobilised anywhere in the Republic of Ireland, contact our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline 1890 208 408. If your car is immobilised in Northern Ireland contact us on 0808 1017444. We will arrange for someone to come to your assistance as soon as possible. Our 24 Hour Breakdown Assistance is free for comprehensive motor insurance policy holders.
Under Third Party, Fire and Theft policies, you pay the cost of such assistance but gain the benefit of our specially negotiated rates. Any outlay for which you are entitled to claim under your policy will be reimbursed to you.
Report the accident to the Gardai immediately. If the accident involves injury to people you are required by law to report the incident to the Gardai or local police (if abroad) as soon as possible and in any case within 24 hours.
- Note the registration of any vehicles involved.
- Exchange names, addresses, driving licence & car insurance details with anyone involved. Try to obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- This is a stressful situation so don’t be pressurised by others at the scene into
admitting any fault on your part. When you’ve had time to recover and look at the facts, things may in reality be very different.
- If possible, draw a basic diagram of the accident location to include approximate road measurements, road signs, markings, traffic signals and vehicles involved. Take details of all injuries and damage sustained. If you have a mobile phone with a built-in digital camera, you could also take some photos.
- Notify us of your accident as soon as possible on our 24 Hour Emergency Helpline 1890 208 408. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We will send you an accident report form, which must be completed and returned to us as soon as possible (but no later than 30 days from the date of the accident).
Let us know immediately if you receive notice of any prosecution or if other parties are to be prosecuted as a result of the accident. All correspondence from third parties, their insurers or representatives should be sent to us unanswered as soon as possible after receipt.
All Zurich customers can avail of our Claims Assistance Helpline 1890 208 408. where queries regarding your claim will be dealt with.
- If your car is stolen or damaged as a result of theft or malicious damage, immediately report the matter to the Garda or police station nearest to the location.
Yes, you can fill in our online enquiry form. giving us details of your query and policy. We will respond within 1 working day.
Yes. If you have a comprehensive car insurance policy with Zurich, We will arrange a replacement car (up to a maximum of 1800cc) for up to 10 days while your car is being repaired.