Car Crash Claims

car accident claims

Have you had the misfortune of being injured in a road accident in the last 3 years? You have come to the right place – vehicle compensation claims are our speciality!

Near misses are something many of us drivers can say we’ve had but for those not so fortunate, being involved in a car crash can have a devastating effect on our lives. At Russell Worth, we aim to take the strain out of the road traffic accident claims process. Complete our 15 second form  above and we’ll have you on the road to recovery in no time, with some compensation for your troubles. Alternatively, feel free to call us on 01752 334 469  to discuss your claim.

As a passenger in a car involved in a car crash, you would claim off the insurance policy of either the driver of the car you are in or a third party, depending who caused the accident.

We act on your behalf on a No Win No Fee basis for your accident so that should you lose, you pay nothing.  If you are claiming against an uninsured or untraced driver there will be some fees that are applicable but you will be notified in advance. In this situation, your claim is against the Motor Insurers Bureau  (MIB) who deal with such claims.

I know the person who crashed into me, I’m not sure what to do…

Surprisingly, this is a fairly normal occurrence and is not something to be worried about. That person is legally obliged to pay for car insurance if they are driving their car on the public highway. If they are not then car crash claims against this person will be made against the MIB .

An accident situation is exactly what he or she pays their insurance for so the fact that you know the person should not be an issue. Accidents happen between friends too but if you / your passengers have suffered an injury and need treatment so as to go about your daily lives. If the injury prevents you from working then you are missing out on valuable income, which is not fair. Car accident claims are fairly common between friends and acquaintances and even family but if you

have any concerns over this, speak to us about it.

What should I do in the event of an accident?

Car crash compensation claims against a third party who did not stop or was intoxicated

In either of these situations you must contact the police as soon as is safe and convenient to do so. Again, try and get as many details as possible. If the car does not stop then try to get the car registration so the police can try and track it down – although car accident claims can still be made even if the driver does not stop. This would mean a claim against the MIB as mentioned above.

Fast Facts for Car Crashes

  • Official stats approximate that in 2011, reported crashes cost the economy ?15.6 Billion with these figures doubling to include unreported crashes (*Ref: Departmement for Transport  (DFT))
  • Over 70% of car crash claims are for whiplash (*Ref: )
  • In 2011 there were 14,500 motorcycle casualties with the majority being aged between 20-29 (*Ref: DfT )
  • You are 72 times more likely to die in a motorcycle accident  than you are in a car accident (*Ref: DfT )
  • The number of people injured in car crashes has nearly halved since 1996
  • We will claim back excess, losses and protect your No Claims Bonus (NCB)

Car crash injury claims – what’s top of the list?

The most common car crash injury type is whiplash and as stated above whiplash claims make up 70% of the total claims pursued as a result of car accidents in the UK. Whiplash is caused by the rapid deceleration associated with a rear end or other collision causing strain and subsequent pain in the spine, neck and shoulders.

Russell Worth solicitors deal with dozens of car crash injury claims on a daily basis. We are not middlemen so we guarantee that 100% of the compensation goes to you.

Russell Worth is number one for road traffic accident claims – get in contact today using the phone number above or start your car accident claim online now!


Category: Accident

Similar articles: