Missouri Train Accident Lawyers
Legal Help for Victims of Missouri Train Accidents
Aaron Sachs and Associates is a Missouri personal injury law firm serving people who have been injured in accidents involving trains. As auto accident lawyers, we know that train accidents can cause serious injuries, whether they involve motor vehicles, derailments, or pedestrians. Preliminary data from the Federal Railroad Administration indicates that there were 2,054 collisions involving U.S. trains in 2011. These collisions caused 271 fatalities and an additional 1,026 injuries.
Train accident victims are vulnerable to a wide range of injuries. including concussions, brain trauma, spinal cord damage, neck and shoulder injuries, lacerations and deep cuts, fractures, internal injuries and soft tissue damage. These debilitating injuries can be life-changing, causing temporary or permanent disability and necessitating long-term medical treatment. Under these circumstances, it may be wise for victims to consult a personal injury lawyer .
Train Accidents: Five Sobering Facts for Missouri Drivers
1. A locomotive can weigh between 200 and 6,000 tons. The force of a 30 car-freight train striking a passenger vehicle is akin to the force of a passenger vehicle striking a soda can.
2. In the United States, a person or vehicle is struck by a train approximately every three hours.
3. The average train, when traveling 55 miles per hour, requires more than a mile to come to a complete stop.
4. Drivers are nearly 20 times more likely to be killed in a collision involving a train than in accidents involving other passenger vehicles.
5. An estimated 40% of accidents involving trains are caused by some form of driver error.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
Numerous factors contribute to accidents involving trains, including the following:
- Mechanical failure
- Defective or poorly maintained train equipment
- Driver fatigue, distraction, impairment or inexperience, on the part of either the operator of the train or a passenger vehicle driver
- Crossing signal malfunction
- Obstructed view at crossings
Train accident cases can be complicated, depending on the circumstances surrounding a collision and the various parties who may be involved. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Missouri train accident, it may be beneficial to seek advice from an experienced attorney. At Aaron Sachs and Associates, we maintain five offices throughout the state of Missouri. Our team works on a contingent-fee basis, and we also offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. Contact us today to find out if we can help.
To reach our office, call us toll-free at 1-888-777-AUTO, or click here to submit our easy-to-use “Do I Have a Case?” form online. If you’d like to get to know us a little better, we encourage you to explore our website. Here, you can meet our attorneys, hear from our clients, read our personal injury blogs or check out our helpful “Law You Can Use” section. We know that choosing a lawyer is an important decision, and we thank you for considering our firm.
Call Us Today
Aaron Sachs and Associates, P.C.
Missouri Train Accident Attorneys
Toll Free 1-888-777-AUTO
Note: Neither the Supreme Court of Missouri nor The Missouri Bar reviews or approves certifying organizations or specialist designations.